PREK 3 – GRADE 8
After School and Summer
AJLA’s After School Program begins in Kindergarten and runs from 3:45-4:45 pm each day. The program is designed to extend students’ educational experience beyond the school day as well as provide enrichment activities and the opportunity to develop athletic skills and be part of a sports team. Students can explore a number of different activities to see if they have interest or talent in them.
Currently, nearly 90% of our K-4 students participate in the Late Day Program.
- K-5th grade students can opt to participate in a variety of opportunities, including Art, Music, coding, theater and science which reflect the interests of our students and capture their imaginations.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, students in Grades 3-5 spend their Late Day at the Bridgeport Youth Lacrosse Sports Academy where they are able to play soccer in the fall, basketball in the winter, and lacrosse in the spring.
The fee for the Late Day Program is one additional installment of a family’s monthly tuition payment.
The AJLA Summer Program runs for four weeks during the month of July. All students currently enrolled at AJLA are encouraged to attend – this program is not available to non-AJLA students.
- Students entering PreK are on campus from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm each day, participating in a variety of thematic units, outdoor play, and art activities, with appropriate opportunities for rest, as well.
- Students entering Kindergarten and Grade 1 are only on campus each morning (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) for “academic maintenance” activities – author studies, reading books, writing in journals, playing math games – designed to bolster retention of learning from the previous school year. They spend the afternoon engaged in fun, active games./li>
- Students entering Grades 2 through 5 spend their morning on campus for “academic maintenance” activities as well and in the afternoon attend a camp run by Bridgeport Youth Sports, where they participate in a variety of activities, including sports, field trips, and STEM team-building experiences.
Tuition for the Summer Program is at the same weekly rate as each family pays during the school year.