With a unique program encompassing school, home, and future, AJLA delivers a high-quality classroom experience that strengthens both cognitive and character skills; empowers families to reinforce and extend their children's education at home; and works with both AJLA students and their families to help them experience success beyond our doors.
Our Program at a Glance:
- Small class sizes - with 1:6 teacher-to-student ratio in Preschool, 1:9 teacher-to-student ratio in elementary grades
- Highly educated faculty, majority with EdM
- Focus on literacy, numeracy, and communication—the tools necessary for success in later learning
- Small group lessons and one-to-one tutoring - Learning Specialists on staff
- Yale RULER program to cultivate social-emotional skills
- Warm, ordered classrooms filled with stimulating and engaging materials
- Suzuki Music Program, African drumming, Physical Education and integrated arts programming
- Raising a Reader literacy initiative
- Natural outdoor learning space
- After-school program and six-week summer camp
- Commitment to parent engagement
- Mandatory monthly workshops that empower parents
- Relationships with schools across Fairfield County
Quality matters, and educational programs that are high-quality have—by far—the greatest impact.
All aspects of AJLA were designed to reflect and advance the principles of high-quality educational learning.